Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 287211
Unable to delete custom channel if associated with kickstart profile
Last modified: 2008-04-02 20:19:49 EDT
If you try to delete a custom channel associated with a kickstart profile you
get a DB error:
/var/www/html/network/software/channels/manage/delete_confirm.pxt failed at Tue
Sep 11 22:16:54 2007: RHN::Exception: DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-02292:
integrity constraint (RHNSAT.RHN_KS_CC_CID_FK) violated - child record
found!ORA-06512: at "RHNSAT.DELETE_CHANNEL", line 15!ORA-06512: at line 2 (DBD
ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) [for Statement "BEGIN! delete_channel(:p1);
Steps to reproduce:
1) login, create custom child channel from RHEL4 or RHEL5
2) create a Kickstart profile using base channel from step 1
3) Go to the "Operating System" page for the kickstart profile and check the box
next to the custom child channel. Save the profile with the submit button.
4) Go back to the custom channel and attempt to delete it with the webui
We need to update the CASCADE delete for the rhnKickstartChildChannel table to
get cleaned up automatically.
* Go to all kickstart profiles that have the checkbox next to your custom child
channel selected. Uncheck the box and save the Profile.
* Now you should be able to delete the Kickstart Profile.
arg, above workaround should say:
"... now you can delete the custom channel"
Taking from Mike's plate.
Decreasing severity and priority since workaround exists.
Fix committed to SVN, trunk, revision 132792.
5.1 Sat GA so Closed for Current Release.