From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.0 i686)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start does not start cardmgr. I tried 3 PCMCIA
NICS and none of them worked. A build of 2.4.2 did work
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install RH 7.1 beta with laptop configuration
2. use linuxconf to setup eth0:
3. /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
4. manual start of /sbin/cardmgr
Actual Results: no PCMCIA operation
Expected Results: 1. PCMCIA operation would be enabled with a laptop
2. /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start would start cardmgr
I built 2.4.2 with PCMCIA support. Following a reboot and manual start of
PCMCIA now works. However, I am now having problems with name
Could you try the Wolverine bootdisks instead? These should support PCMCIA
a LOT better.
I'll try the Wolverine discs as soon as I get them downloaded. Thanks.
We (Red Hat) should really try to resolve this before next release.