Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 339121
Permission Error for SDC Kickstart Tab
Last modified: 2013-01-10 05:20:13 EST
Description of problem:
This isn't an issue for org admins. But it is an issue for system group admins.
Here are the steps to reproduce:
1) log into a corporate account as an org admin.
2) create a non org admin user.
3) create a system group.
4) add your non org admin user to the system group as an admin in the admin tab.
5) add a system with provisioning entitlements to the system group.
6) log out as org admin. log in as your newly-created non-org admin group admin.
7) go to the system you added to the system group.
8) click on the provisioning tab. you'll get a permission error.
Very. More details in a private comment following this.
Forgot to mention, this bug does not affect Satellite only hosted.
OK - this happens because the action's security currently requires the user to
be a config-admin to access provisioning. That doesn't make a lot of sense in
this context, and so that protection should be removed.
Workaround is to give the user config-admin - although that may give that user
more access than the customer wants.
Fixed in r118829.