Bug 350471 - pup dependency problems
pup dependency problems
Status: CLOSED INSUFFICIENT_DATA
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: yum (Show other bugs)
9
x86_64 Linux
low Severity high
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Seth Vidal
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-10-24 09:49 EDT by Thomas J. Baker
Modified: 2014-01-21 17:59 EST (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-07-02 19:58:50 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Thomas J. Baker 2007-10-24 09:49:34 EDT
Todays rawhide included a firefox update. On a system that I had epiphany and
miro installed on, pup first said that firefox couldn't be updated because miro,
epiphany-extensions, and some python module required firefox=2.0.0.6, or
something close to that. I then deselected firefox and hit apply. Pup then said
that dependencies were added and when I viewed them, it had added firefox. It
then continued with the update. After rebooting, I tested miro and it won't run
due to not being able to find libgtkembedmoz.so. This verifies it:

continuity> rpm -R -q gnome-python2-gtkmozembed-2.19.1-7.fc8.x86_64
firefox = 2.0.0.6
libatk-1.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libc.so.6()(64bit)  
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)  
libcairo.so.2()(64bit)  
libdl.so.2()(64bit)  
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libglib-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgmodule-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgobject-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgtkembedmoz.so()(64bit)  
libnspr4.so()(64bit)  
libpango-1.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libpangocairo-1.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libplc4.so()(64bit)  
libplds4.so()(64bit)  
libpthread.so.0()(64bit)  
libxpcom.so()(64bit)  
python(abi) = 2.5
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rtld(GNU_HASH)   
continuity> rpm -R -q Miro
/bin/sh  
/bin/sh  
/usr/bin/python  
dbus-python  
firefox = 2.0.0.6
gnome-python2-gconf  
gnome-python2-gtkmozembed  
libX11.so.6()(64bit)  
libatk-1.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libboost_python.so.3()(64bit)  
libc.so.6()(64bit)  
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)  
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)  
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)  
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)  
libcairo.so.2()(64bit)  
libdl.so.2()(64bit)  
libgcc_s.so.1()(64bit)  
libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0)(64bit)  
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libglib-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgmodule-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgobject-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgthread-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libgtkembedmoz.so()(64bit)  
libm.so.6()(64bit)  
libnspr4.so()(64bit)  
libpango-1.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libpangocairo-1.0.so.0()(64bit)  
libplc4.so()(64bit)  
libplds4.so()(64bit)  
libpthread.so.0()(64bit)  
libpython2.5.so.1.0()(64bit)  
librt.so.1()(64bit)  
libstdc++.so.6()(64bit)  
libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3)(64bit)  
libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4)(64bit)  
libxine.so.1()(64bit)  
libxpcom.so()(64bit)  
python(abi) = 2.5
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PartialHardlinkSets) <= 4.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rtld(GNU_HASH)  
xine-lib  
continuity> 


Long story short, pup updated allowing broken dependencies. I'm running x86_64
and have yum-basearchonly installed.
Comment 1 Jeremy Katz 2007-10-24 10:08:17 EDT
Did yum/pirut get updated as part of your update set?
Comment 2 Thomas J. Baker 2007-10-24 10:30:23 EDT
No:

continuity> rpm -qa --last pirut
pirut-1.3.25-2.fc8                            Sat 20 Oct 2007 05:13:14 PM EDT
continuity> rpm -qa --last | grep yum
yum-refresh-updatesd-1.1.8-1.fc8              Thu 18 Oct 2007 09:20:08 AM EDT
yum-basearchonly-1.1.8-1.fc8                  Thu 18 Oct 2007 09:20:08 AM EDT
yum-3.2.7-1.fc8                               Sun 14 Oct 2007 08:32:54 PM EDT
yum-updatesd-0.7-1.fc8                        Fri 12 Oct 2007 03:52:22 PM EDT
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.2-1.fc8               Fri 14 Sep 2007 11:59:08 AM EDT
continuity> 
Comment 3 Jeremy Katz 2007-10-24 11:43:06 EDT
I can reproduce this with just yum doing
  yum update devhelp
(where devhelp requires firefox).  Looks like it's only on multilib arches, though
Comment 4 Seth Vidal 2008-03-12 11:08:29 EDT
YUMBUGDAY
Comment 5 Bug Zapper 2008-05-13 23:43:19 EDT
Changing version to '9' as part of upcoming Fedora 9 GA.
More information and reason for this action is here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping
Comment 6 Seth Vidal 2008-05-30 11:34:22 EDT
I'm fairly confident we've fixed this depsolving path in yum 3.2.16 in F9.

Can either of you test this bug under F9 to see if it behaves?
Comment 7 petrosyan 2008-07-02 19:58:50 EDT
The information we've requested above is required in order
to review this problem report further and diagnose or fix the
issue if it is still present.  Since it has been thirty days or
more since we first requested additional information, we're assuming
the problem is either no longer present in the current Fedora release, or
that there is no longer any interest in tracking the problem.

Setting status to "CLOSED INSUFFICIENT_DATA".  If you still
experience this problem after updating to our latest Fedora
release and can provide the information previously requested,
please feel free to reopen the bug report.

Thank you in advance.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.