Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 363571
TAHI--DHCPv6--When having DHCPv6 tests, TN could not get expected Relay Reply Message (Advertise)
Last modified: 2008-05-08 01:53:20 EDT
Description of problem:
When having dhcpv6 tests in the server mode,we found that TN could not get
expected Relay Reply Message (Advertise) in some scenarios.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure TAHI test environment.
2. Run the TAHI test suite
3. After the test completes, check for the results
TN could not get expected Relay Reply Message (Advertise)
TN should get expected Relay Reply Message (Advertise)
please refer to
(1) 12 Part B : Relay Agent/Server Message Format
(2) 24 Relay Message Option Format
(3) 25 Interface ID Option Format (Advanced)
(4) 30 Part E : Relay-Reply message with Advertise message (w/o Interface-id
(5) 31 Part F : Relay-Reply message with Advertise message (w/ Interface-id
(6) 33 Part B : Reply-Reply message with Reply message (w/o Interface-id Option)
(7) 34 Part C : Reply-Reply message with Reply message (w/ Interface-id Option)
(8) 35 Part A : Relay-Reply message transmission
(9) 36 Part B : Relay-Reply message transmission through the same Relay agents
yes, it is tested with (1) dhcpv6-1.0.4-1.el5.i386.rpm, (2)
dhcpv6-client-1.0.4-1.el5.i386.rpm (3) libdhcp6client-1.0.4-1.el5.i386.rpm)
For more information, pls refer to
I don't know if I can get this one working for 5.2. I would prefer to postpone
it to 5.3 unless someone else has a patch. I have dhcpv6-1.0.8 in the tree now,
so it's worth testing with that.
Testing should proceed as note in Comment #4. Since this will not be resolved in
the 5.2 beta candidate I have reset the exception, rhel-5.2.0, devel_ack and
qa_ack flags to '?'. That said, this BZ will be re-evaluated as an exception for
5.2 along with any other unresolved bugs and/or feature requests as part of a
IVP6DoD compliance program review (which will be coordinated by Linda Wang)
after 5.2 is released to Public Beta.
zwu will be away till Fri, 15 Feb due to CNY celebration. I will try to do a run
with the Test Suite with the latest tree before that.
the test case still FAIL when testing rhel5.2 with dhcpv6-1.0.10,
For more detail, pls refer to
In order to debug this problem, we need the test case for RHEL 5.2 with an exact
reproducer, including output with verbose debugging messages from the DHCPV6
software. One way to do this would be to extract the commands that TAHI runs.
The man pages for dhcp6s, dhcp6r, and dhcp6c all show how to generate verbose
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 365521 ***