Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 369011
Tokend fails on OS X Leopard.
Last modified: 2017-04-10 10:21 EDT
Description of problem:
Tokend doesn't run on OS X Leopard. This seems to be part of a generalized Leopard compatibility
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Leopard.
2. Install Smart Card Manager.
3. Attempt to work. :)
coolkey.tokend sometimes launches, sometimes doesn't, always dies without taking control of the card.
It should work.
ESC has problems too; will open separate bug.
Also note: Since tokend doesn't run, keychain never appears in Keychain Access.
Another tokend issue.
Was able to get this working experimentally by doing the following:
1. Enrolling a Gemalto 64K Token.
2. The problem seems to be that the BELPIC tokenD and the CoolKey tokenD can get
in a state where they are fighting over each other for PCSCD.
3. Temporarily move the CoolKey tokenD from
/System/Library/Security/tokend/A_COOLKEY.tokend to ..../tokend/Z_COOLKEY.tokend.
This at least allows the tokend to launch and work ok. Further investigation
into why will continue.
How To Test:
1. Install the latest ESC for Mac.
2. Enroll a token.
3. Remove the enrolled token and re-insert it into the computer.
4. This should activate the COOLKEY.tokend process.
5. If everything is working, "ps -fe" should reveal a "COOLKEY" process.
6. The ID of the token should also show up as a KeyChain. To check this, open the app "/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access". Clicking upon the entry for this keychain should reveal the list of certificates and keys contained within the token.
Tested the steps in comment #5, enrolled token insertion event activate the COOLKEY.tokend process.
"/Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access" shows the certificates and keys on the token.
Marking the bug verified.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.