Description of problem:
When SCIM Japanese input is selected, and the options
"Share input method among all applications" and "Stick windows" are enabled,
Gecko (Firefox/Epiphany/Kazehakase) and Pidgin (and maybe some other apps)
suffers random segmentation faults.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Random, but frequent
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable SCIM
2. Enable the "Share the same input method among all applications" option @
FrontEnd's Global Setup
3. Right click at the SCIM panel icon, enable "Stick Windows"
4. Switch to Japanese text input
5. Test1 : Launch epiphany, press ctrl+t, epiphany segfaults
6. Test2 : Launch firefox, open the preferences dialog(Edit>Preferences),
7. Test3 : Launch pidgin, login into any account, add a new buddy, a crash
dialog appears (though pidgin does not crash fully)
Several apps, mainly Gecko based apps, segfaults freqeuently
The apps should not crash
Theres no problem with English input, and I also tried with korean, also I did
not notice the problem repeats ..
looks good to me. please provide more info like the following commands:
1. rpm -qa | grep scim
2. echo $GTK_IM_MODULE $XMODIFIERS
[kagesenshi@Hikari tmp]$ rpm -qa \*scim\*
[kagesenshi@Hikari ~]$ env|grep -i im
[kagesenshi@Hikari ~]$ locale
Thanks. if you remove scim-chewing and/or scim-pinyin, do you still see this issue?
Also the backtrace from gdb with various -debuginfo package would helps too.
Seems like its fixed on current Rawhide