From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)
Description of problem:
During installation, I choose Swiss German as keyboard layout. When the
installation was complete and the installer rebooted the system, I stated
that the keyboard layout was wrong. I had to manually modify the
files /etc/sysconfig/keyboard and /etc/X11/XF86Config.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start the installer on a i386 machine
2. Choose Swiss German as keyboard layout (the keyboard test is OK)
3. Complete the installation
4. Try your Swiss German keyboard directly from the console
5. Try your Swiss German keyboard from the Window Manager
When I do a test install when selecting Swiss German keyboard, I get an
/etc/sysconfig/keyboard file that says:
But /etc/X11/XF86Config says:
Is "de_CH" the correct setting for Swiss German keyboards?
Yes, de_CH is the correct setting for Swiss German Keyboards.
In order to make the keyboard responding correctly, I modified the file
/etc/sysconfig/keyboards as described here below:
... and added the following entry into the file /etc/X11/XF86Config:
The Fantastic Corporation R&D
Did you do a text or graphical install?
I did a graphical install.
Fixed in cvs. Thanks for your report.