Description of problem:
After certain incorrect uses of oprofile, the guest turns into a zombie on shutdown.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Observed with oprofile-0.9.2-6.el5 and kernel-xen-2.6.18-58.el5 (both host and
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Reboot host and guest (guest domid is 1)
1. In the host: opcontrol --start-daemon --no-vmlinux --xen=none --active-domains=1
2. In the guest: opcontrol --start-daemon --no-vmlinux --xen=none
3. In the host: opcontrol --start
4. In the guest: opcontrol --start; opcontrol --shutdown
5. In the host: virsh shutdown 1
Step 5 turns the guest into a zombie.
Guest shuts down cleanly.
Hypervisor gripes in step 4:
(XEN) xenoprof: operation 11 failed for dom 1 (status : -1)
Other than that, nothing unusual in the logs.
Steps 1 to 4 start profiling in the host before it's started in the guest.
That's incorrect use of Xenoprof.