Bug 428364 - (fedora-ds-admin-cons) Review Request: fedora-ds-admin-console: Fedora Directory Administration Server Management Console
Review Request: fedora-ds-admin-console: Fedora Directory Administration Serv...
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Dennis Gilmore
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-01-10 20:49 EST by Rich Megginson
Modified: 2008-04-14 12:30 EDT (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-04-03 14:41:47 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
dennis: fedora‑review+
dennis: fedora‑cvs+


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Rich Megginson 2008-01-10 20:49:27 EST
Spec URL: http://rmeggins.fedorapeople.org/fedora-admin-console.spec
SRPM URL: http://rmeggins.fedorapeople.org/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1-1.src.rpm
Description: A Java based remote management console used for Managing Fedora
Directory Server.

Builds in mock, both f-8 i386 and x86_64.

rpmlint says nothing
Comment 1 Dennis Gilmore 2008-01-12 15:53:08 EST
ill take this
Comment 2 Dennis Gilmore 2008-01-15 22:22:36 EST
source does not match upstream 
[dennis@bratac ~]$ sha1sum fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
36fd62edfcba7838ff7e066046147a8f5d032376  fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
[dennis@bratac ~]$ sha1sum fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
a7c8d5fdf4406a107227cddc18e04931a8e6de56  fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-a7c8d5fdf4406a107227cddc18e04931a8e6de56  fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
Comment 3 Yanko Kaneti 2008-01-15 22:59:16 EST
IMHO fedora-admin-console is a little too grand a name.
fedora-ds-admin-console ?
Same goes for the other too generally named packages at
directory.fedoraproject.org/sources/
Comment 4 Rich Megginson 2008-01-16 10:46:27 EST
(In reply to comment #3)
> IMHO fedora-admin-console is a little too grand a name.
> fedora-ds-admin-console ?
> Same goes for the other too generally named packages at
> directory.fedoraproject.org/sources/

Ok, so rename
fedora-admin-console -> fedora-ds-admin-console
but
fedora-ds-console -> fedora-ds-base-console?
idm-console-framework -> fedora-ds-idm-console-framework????
fedora-idm-console -> ???

One thing is that idm-console-framework and fedora-idm-console will be used by
other projects in the near future.  So I don't want to name them
fedora-ds-something.
Comment 5 Rich Megginson 2008-01-16 10:51:50 EST
(In reply to comment #2)
> source does not match upstream 
> [dennis@bratac ~]$ sha1sum fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
> 36fd62edfcba7838ff7e066046147a8f5d032376  fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
> [dennis@bratac ~]$ sha1sum fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
> a7c8d5fdf4406a107227cddc18e04931a8e6de56 
fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-a7c8d5fdf4406a107227cddc18e04931a8e6de56 
fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2

Sorry.  The source in the srpm was from a cvs checkout - the source tarball is
from a cvs export.  I've updated the srpm with the correct source tarball -
http://rmeggins.fedorapeople.org/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1-1.src.rpm
Comment 6 Yanko Kaneti 2008-01-16 11:38:16 EST
(In reply to comment #4)
> (In reply to comment #3)
> > IMHO fedora-admin-console is a little too grand a name.
> > fedora-ds-admin-console ?
> > Same goes for the other too generally named packages at
> > directory.fedoraproject.org/sources/
> 
> Ok, so rename
> fedora-admin-console -> fedora-ds-admin-console
> but
> fedora-ds-console -> fedora-ds-base-console?

I agree it comes off a little ugly, but I prefer ugly over potentially
confusing. Was/is "fds" as a common part taken?

> idm-console-framework -> fedora-ds-idm-console-framework????
> fedora-idm-console -> ???
> 
> One thing is that idm-console-framework and fedora-idm-console will be used by
> other projects in the near future.  So I don't want to name them
> fedora-ds-something.

the "idm" makes these distinct enough, so I don't think they need a rename.
I was mostly concerned about the combinations of
fedora,admin,util,console,directory that all seem too generic.

Comment 7 Dennis Gilmore 2008-01-16 11:53:55 EST
[dennis@bratac ~]$ sha1sum fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
36fd62edfcba7838ff7e066046147a8f5d032376  fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
[dennis@bratac ~]$ sha1sum fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2
36fd62edfcba7838ff7e066046147a8f5d032376 
fedora/SOURCES/fedora-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2

rpmlint is quiet. 

approved.

only condition is to rename as fedora-ds-admin-console  on import 

make the CVS request use the new name.
Comment 8 Rich Megginson 2008-01-16 13:39:08 EST
SRPM: http://rmeggins.fedorapeople.org/fedora-ds-admin-console-1.1.1-2.src.rpm
Spec: http://rmeggins.fedorapeople.org/fedora-ds-admin-console.spec
Source:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/sources/fedora-ds-admin-console-1.1.1.tar.bz2

Note two main changes: fedora-ds-admin-console Obsoletes fedora-admin-console,
in order to work with upgrades to extant versions.  fedora-ds will need to
change to Require fedora-ds-admin-console instead of fedora-admin-console
Comment 9 Rich Megginson 2008-01-16 13:40:47 EST
New Package CVS Request
=======================
Package Name: fedora-ds-admin-console
Short Description: Fedora Directory Administration Server Management Console
Owners: rmeggins nkinder nhosoi
Branches: F-8
InitialCC: 
Cvsextras Commits:
Comment 10 Dennis Gilmore 2008-01-16 14:50:17 EST
CVS Done
Comment 11 Orion Poplawski 2008-04-14 12:06:07 EDT
Why has this never been built?  It would be nice to get into F-9.
Comment 12 Rich Megginson 2008-04-14 12:30:07 EDT
I'm working on it.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.