Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 429279
messaging install guide needs task-oriented instructions
Last modified: 2013-08-05 20:52:38 EDT
List of RPMs doesn't mention the rhm-docs rpm.
It's not clear which RPMs you need to install.
Lists unnecessary details (e.g. amqp package internally used by python)
Suggest replacing the RPM list with task-oriented install instructions:
- Deploy the message broker daemon: yum install rhm
- Deploy C++ clients: yum install qpidc
- Deploy Java clients: yum install qpid-java-client
- Deploy Python clients: yum install python-qpid
- Develop C++ clients: yum install qpidc-devel rhm rhm-doc
- Develop Java clients: yum install qpid-java-client rhm rhm-doc
- Develop Python clients: yum install python-qpid rhm rhm-doc
yum will take care of the rest. Most users don't care about the internal details
of RPMs. Users who do will already know how to use the rpm tool to find out
whatever they need. RPMs are self describing, listing the full details of RPMs
in documentation is redundant and hard to maintain.