Bug 429822 - yum update says there are no updates even if there are
yum update says there are no updates even if there are
Status: CLOSED UPSTREAM
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: yum (Show other bugs)
8
All Linux
low Severity low
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Seth Vidal
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-01-23 04:26 EST by Valent Turkovic
Modified: 2014-01-21 18:01 EST (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-01-23 08:44:11 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Valent Turkovic 2008-01-23 04:26:33 EST
Description of problem:
I statred yum update and in the process of downloading my adsl connection went
down. After adls line got up I manually entered "yum update" and was surprised
that yum said that there are no updates for my system when it was in the process
of updating a few minutes ago.

I tried both graphical updater and yum in console, and both said there are no
updates.

After "yum clean all" yum woke up and found updates and installed them.

Should yum be resistent to failing internet connections?


these are the messages when adsl went down:

Error Downloading Packages:
  openoffice.org-draw - 1:2.3.0-6.11.fc8.i386: failure:
openoffice.org-draw-2.3.0-6.11.fc8.i386.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
  evolution-data-server - 1.12.3-1.fc8.i386: failure:
evolution-data-server-1.12.3-1.fc8.i386.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
  less - 406-14.fc8.i386: failure: less-406-14.fc8.i386.rpm from updates: [Errno
256] No more mirrors to try.
  openoffice.org-impress - 1:2.3.0-6.11.fc8.i386: failure:
openoffice.org-impress-2.3.0-6.11.fc8.i386.rpm from updates: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.


after connection returned I got this:

# yum update
Loading "presto" plugin
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for livna
kwizart                   100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for kwizart
fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for fedora
adobe-linux-i386          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
updates                   100% |=========================| 2.3 kB    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for updates
primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 1.4 MB    00:02     
Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update



# yum clean all
Loading "presto" plugin
Cleaning up Everything


# yum update -y
Loading "presto" plugin
Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
livna                     100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for livna
kwizart                   100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for kwizart
fedora                                                          2.1 kB 00:00 
No Presto metadata available for fedora
adobe-linux-i386          100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for adobe-linux-i386
updates                   100% |=========================| 2.3 kB    00:00     
No Presto metadata available for updates
primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 193 kB    00:00     
primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================|  24 kB    00:00     
primary.sqlite.bz2                                              4.9 MB 00:04 
primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 1.3 kB    00:00     
adobe-linu: ################################################## 2/2
primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 1.4 MB    00:08     
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libnl.i386 0:1.0-0.15.pre8.git20071218.fc8 set to be updated
---> Package selinux-policy-devel.noarch 0:3.0.8-76.fc8 set to be updated
---> Package gtk2.i386 0:2.12.5-1.fc8 set to be updated



etc...

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.
  
Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:
Comment 1 James Antill 2008-01-23 08:44:11 EST
 This sounds like the temporary error that happens, if you hit a server with old
data on it ... that is used, this isn't really yum's fault as it's a mirror problem.
 However for 3.2.9 we shouldn't have this problem anymore, as we should see it's
older and throw it away.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.