Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 435484
Available Channel Entitlements is shown as -1 for channel family in an upgraded satellite.
Last modified: 2008-09-18 15:44:00 EDT
Description of problem:
Available Channel Entitlements is shown as -1 for channel family in an upgraded
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On your 5.0 satellite create custom channel and subscribe it as the base
channel for a system.
2. upgrade a 5.0 satellite.
3. activate the upgraded satellite with shughes-test-virt.cert
4. create a new organization and give channel and system entitlement for the
5. Go to Your RHN-> Subscription Management->Software channel Entitlements
7. See the Available channel entitlement for the Shannon Hughes (1) Channel Family
Channel Entitlement Systems Entitled Available Entitlements
Shannon Hughes (1) Channel Family 1 -1
Available Entitlements can not be negative.
this may webui only issue - does it stop you from using custom channels?
going to review Sat 5.1 system - fjs-0-13
oohh... this is not an upgrade, nor multi-org issue.
I am able to use private/custom channels fine...
Looking at rlx-1-12 - Sat 5.0, rlx-1-14 - Sat 4.2, rlx-1-16 - Sat 4.2 - they all
have negative numbers which continue to decrease as more and more systems are
using custom channels.
As such, this is a webui issue, not impacting on function of Satellite 5.1, so
moving along. We wont look to change code, this late, to fix a display issue :/
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 435894 ***