Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 437704
Gnome Menu Icons missing / not registering after selection/browser not listing contents
Last modified: 2008-04-23 13:44:44 EDT
Description of problem(s):
GNOME MAIN MENU
1) Gnome Desktop Menu doesn't appear to recognize Icons for apps added via 3rd
Parties (For this case - Opera Browser)
2) When selecting an Icon for the app, the image browser doesn't list folder
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
After downloading a 3rd Party App (Like Opera Browser)...
From the Desktop: System>Preferences>Look and Feel>Main Menu
Steps to Reproduce:
1. goto new app
2. click on "blank" icon (my scrnshot is post selection)
3. browse for *.png in BROWSE ICON WINDOW - not there
4. Click Browse
5. Scan thru BROWSE WINDOW; and see no folder contents
Note - I actually typed in the directory path for the Opera Icon. the Icon
shows up on the LAUNCH PROPERTIES WINDOW; but not on the System Menu Lisitings
(In this case, Applications>Internet>Opera or the System>Preferences>Look and
Feel>Main Menu Listings.
See attached Scrnshot
BTW, your System>Administration>Add/Remove Software has no icon, either.
Created attachment 298213 [details]
Screenshot - Main Menu (w/missing icon) in back - Windows in front progress counterclockwise from upper right
Looks like its fixed - thanks.