Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 440010
Review Request: gdevilspie - A user friendly interface to the devilspie window matching daemon
Last modified: 2008-04-06 15:30:05 EDT
Spec URL: http://sindrepb.fedorapeople.org/packages/gdevilspie.spec
SRPM URL: http://sindrepb.fedorapeople.org/packages/gdevilspie-0.31-1.fc9.src.rpm
gdevilspie is a user friendly interface to the devilspie window matching
daemon which allows you to create window management rules easily.
Builds fine and rpmlint is silent.
The license is a bit confusing. The upstream web site says GPLv2, as does
setup.py, but the COPYING file is v3 and the dgevilspie file says v3+. I guess
saying v3+ is as good a choice as any, but this should be clarified with the
One thing I saw when testing was that a dialog with the following text was
displayed at each program start:
Make sure that Python-Wnck is correctly installed for 'filler' module to run
Perhaps an additional dependency is in order? I don't think this is a blocker
but it would probably be good to fix it if possible.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license (I think).
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
gdevilspie = 0.31-1.fc9
python(abi) = 2.5
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. I tested that the software
would run but I could not test functionality as I do not run
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: gdevilspie
Short Description: A user friendly interface to the devilspie window matching daemon
Cvsextras Commits: yes