Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 442013
Openoffice calc shows a red bar through a row
Last modified: 2008-06-12 06:34:24 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20080325 Fedora/184.108.40.206-1.fc8 Firefox/220.127.116.11
Description of problem:
When I hide an empty column in OpenOffice-calc and the column left of it contains data that does not fit in the cell, then a red bar is printed over the entire row.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new calc document
2. enter "a very long text that gets cut off" in A2
3. enter "some text" in C2
4. leave all other cells (especially B2) empty
5. make sure the text in A2 is cut off and displays the overflow marker;
6. if needed, reduce the width of column A
7. hide column B
A red bar is displayed over the entire row.
No red bar should be displayed.
I can confirm this bug. Although, I think it is more of an upstream bug than a
I can see this on 2.3.0 on a F-8 box, but not in a 2.4.1 on a F-9 box.