Bug 443455 - msgfmt errors in nl.po file
Summary: msgfmt errors in nl.po file
Status: CLOSED UPSTREAM
Alias: None
Product: Fedora Documentation
Classification: Fedora
Component: install-guide (Show other bugs)
(Show other bugs)
Version: devel
Hardware: i386 Linux
low
low
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Paul W. Frields
QA Contact: Paul W. Frields
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2008-04-21 16:59 UTC by Geert Warrink
Modified: 2008-06-28 20:50 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-06-28 20:50:02 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Geert Warrink 2008-04-21 16:59:23 UTC
Description of problem:
I am translating the installation guide into Dutch.
I update nl.po with the command: make po-nl.
After some translation work, I check my work with: make validate-xml-nl.
This results in the following output:
...
snip
...
xml2po -e -p po/nl.po en_US/entities.xml >nl/entities.xml
po/nl.po:2362: end-of-line within string
po/nl.po:2363: end-of-line within string
msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
make: *** [nl/entities.xml] Error 7
...
end snip
...

The nl.po file contains:
...
snip
...
2361  #: en_US/other-instmethods.xml:159(seg)
2362  msgid "D:\\""
2363  msgstr "D:\\""
...
end snip
...

After removing the last " in line 2362 and 2363
the problem is gone and stays away for some time.
But every now and then this problem comes back.
I cannot figure out why this happens, probably after
something is updated in the CVS.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.
  
Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:

Comment 1 Janis Ozolins 2008-06-22 13:29:22 UTC
I have checked the pot file, here is nothing wrong with it. The orginal pot file
contents:

#: en_US/other-instmethods.xml:159(seg)
msgid "D:\\"
msgstr ""

After saving file with gtranslator it makes these lines as above described. So
this bug relates to gnome bugzilla.



Comment 2 Geert Warrink 2008-06-22 16:57:41 UTC
You are right, I can reproduce the problem using gtranslator and a small test
file containing the problem line.
I reported the problem to gnome bugzilla, 539617.
I suppose that this bug report (443455) can be closed. 


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.