Bug 44560 - rpm dumps core when using -qa, -Va, --rebuilddb
Summary: rpm dumps core when using -qa, -Va, --rebuilddb
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: rpm   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 6.2
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeff Johnson
QA Contact: David Lawrence
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2001-06-14 05:00 UTC by Dominic Mitchell
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:33 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2001-06-14 05:00:54 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Dominic Mitchell 2001-06-14 05:00:51 UTC
Description of Problem:
rpm dumps core when I try to query all packages or verify all packages or
rebuild the rpm database.

How Reproducible:
Rare?

Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Actual Results:


Expected Results:



Additional Information:

I can do single query, install packages, etc.  I think I
know how I did screw up ...  Some packages where requiring
different version of SDL.  I screwed up when I tried to relocate
the older version under /opt.  Instead of installing under the
directory structure of /opt ( which is a symlink to /usr/local )
it wrote a large file over /opt ( opt was now a file ).

In the database, rpm -ql SDL was reporting the files that belonged
to the SDL-1.2.x pacakage and /opt which should have been part of
the older SDL package.

I then proceeded to remove the SDL packages.  I can't guarantee
that this process did not involve to remove manually /opt.

Comment 1 Jeff Johnson 2001-06-14 05:39:06 UTC
This is a db1 broken chain. Fix was to do rpm --rebuilddb with
very recent rpm-4.0.3 using the configuration in /etc/rpm/macros
	%_dbapi         1
	%_dbapi_rebuild 1
	%_dbi_tags      Packages
and then mailing off /var/lib/rpm/packages.rpm.  This also could
have been done in two fell swoops using rpm-4.0.3 invoked as

	# Rebuild db1 packages.rpm to db3 Packages, repairing damage
	rpm --rebuilddb --dbapi 1 --define '%_dbi_tags Packages' -vv
	
	# Regenerate the inverted lists in db3 format
	rpm --rebuilddb -vv



Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.