Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 446592
start.fedoraproject.org cannot be set as a home page after changing the home page
Last modified: 2008-06-27 17:03:43 EDT
Description of problem:
Cannot set default Homepage to http://start.fedoraproject.org
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
# rpm -q firefox
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set Homepage to a custom URL, save, quit
2. try to set http://start.fedoraproject.org
3. press on Homepage button in the toolbar
- URL http://start.fedoraproject.org is not shown entry field
- pressing the HP button results in some google page shown
http://start.fedoraproject.org as my Home page.
Cannot reproduce here -- works for me. Is there anything interesting to tell us
about your configuration, network conditions, etc. -- just whatever may help us
to reproduce this issue, please?
well, nothing special, I guess. The URL just disappears. if I enter it. I will
try with a new, fresh account.
I can reproduce it here on 2 fresh installs of Fedora 9.
Looks like it only happens with a fresh install, when you don't have a .mozilla
already full of user preferences.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 412021 ***