Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 447766
Review Request: mathomatic - Small, portable symbolic math program
Last modified: 2008-06-09 14:51:52 EDT
Mathomatic is a small, portable symbolic math program that can
automatically solve, simplify, differentiate, combine, and compare
algebraic equations, perform polynomial and complex arithmetic,
etc. It was written by George Gesslein II and has been under
development since 1986.
Looks good so far; could you update to 14.0.4 and then I can do a full review?
> Looks good so far; could you update to 14.0.4 and then I can do a full review?
Only one small problem: desktop-file-install is used without a vendor tag. Could
you make it desktop-file-install --vendor="fedora" ... ?
(the exception is for packages that have their own vendor tags, e.g. KDE, GNOME,
• rpmlint: clean
• package name: ok
• spec file name: ok
• package guideline-compliant: ok
• license complies with guidelines: ok
• license field accurate: ok
• license file not deleted: ok
• spec in US English: ok
• spec legible: ok
• source matches upstream: ok
• builds under >= 1 archs, others excluded: ok
• build dependencies complete: ok
• own all directories: ok
• no dupes in %files: ok
• permission: ok
• %clean RPM_BUILD_ROOT: ok
• macros used consistently: ok
• Package contains code: ok
• large docs => -doc: small enough
• desktop file uses desktop-file-install: ok -- note: vendor tag missing
• clean buildroot before install: ok
• filenames UTF-8: ok
• desc and summary contain translations if available
• package build in mock on all architectures: none
• package functioned as described: ok
• scriplets are sane: ok (see note on vendor tag)
• other subpackages should require versioned base: ok (though in this case it
seems functionally independent)
• require package not files: ok
Actually we're trying to reword the guideline about --vendor so that it's clear
just what's supposed to be done with it. It seems that --vendor=fedora is
rarely the right thing to do.
Check the discussion starting here:
> Only one small problem: desktop-file-install is used without a vendor tag.
> Could you make it desktop-file-install --vendor="fedora" ... ?
Will have a look, thanks for comments tibbs.
Thanks for the review.
(fedora-review flag should be changed?)
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: mathomatic
Short Description: Small, portable symbolic math program
Branches: F-8 F-9
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Michel: Can you set the fedora-review flag? Just want to make sure all is
approved from your end.
Ah yes, sorry.
Thanks guys, package built and pending for testing.