Description of Problem: with the 7.1 product, you cannot build the vorbis
SRPM without having libogg-devel and kdelibs-sound-devel installed. But,
if "rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/vorbis*spec" is executed, you do NOT get
an error from rpm about missing/unsatisfied build dependencies. If you
install the libogg-devel and kdelibs-sound-devel rpms, the vorbis SRPM
builds without problems.
How Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. rpm -e libogg-devel kdelibs-sound-devel
2. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/SRPMS/vorbis*.src.rpm
3. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/vorbis*spec
4. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/RedHat/RPMS/libogg-devel* (and
5. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/vorbis*spec
first 3 steps result in a failure WITHOUT a build-requires error from rpm
next 2 steps build the SRPM without fail
Expected Results: I would expect an rpm error message to be written to
stderr informing me the vorbis SRPM cannot be built without installing the
libogg-devel and kdelibs-sound-devel RPM(s).
will be fixed in 1.0rc1-1; thanks!