Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 45017
gnome-objc SRPM needs several build dependencies listed
Last modified: 2015-01-07 18:46:30 EST
Description of Problem: with the 7.1 product, you cannot build the
gnome-objc SRPM without having the following RPMs installed:
But, if "rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/gnome-objc*spec" is executed, you do
NOT get an error from rpm about missing/unsatisfied build dependencies from
the above list of RPMs. If you install the above list of RPMs, the
gnome-core SRPM builds with no errors.
How Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. rpm -e <above-list-of-RPMs>
2. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/SRPMS/gnome-objc*.src.rpm
3. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/gnome-objc*spec
4. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/RedHat/RPMS/<above-list-of-RPMs> (and their
5. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/gnome-objc*spec
first 3 steps result in a failure WITHOUT a build-requires error from rpm
next 2 steps build the SRPM without fail
Expected Results: I would expect an rpm error message to be written to
stderr informing me the gnome-objc SRPM cannot be built without installing
the above list of RPMs.
gnome-objc has been deprecated.