Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 45048
isdn4k-utils SRPM needs several build dependencies
Last modified: 2015-01-07 18:46:37 EST
Description of Problem: with the 7.1 product, you cannot build the
isdn4k-utils SRPM without having the following RPMs installed:
But, if "rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/isdn4k-utils*spec" is executed, you
do NOT get an error from rpm about missing/unsatisfied build dependencies
from the above list of RPMs. If you install the above list of RPMs, the
isdn4k-utils SRPM builds with no errors.
How Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. rpm -e <above-list-of-RPMs>
2. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/SRPMS/isdn4k-utils*.src.rpm
3. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/isdn4k-utils*spec
4. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/RedHat/RPMS/<above-list-of-RPMs> (and their
5. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/isdn4k-utils*spec
first 3 steps result in a failure WITHOUT a build-requires error from rpm
next 2 steps build the SRPM without fail
Expected Results: I would expect an rpm error message to be written to
stderr informing me the isdn4k-utils SRPM cannot be built without
installing the above list of RPMs.
It's fixed in isdn4k-utils-3.1-41.