Description of Problem: with the 7.1 product, you cannot build the nmh SRPM
without having the following RPMs installed:
But, if "rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/nmh*spec" is executed, you do NOT
get an error from rpm about missing/unsatisfied build dependencies from the
above list of RPMs. If you install the above list of RPMs, the nmh SRPM
builds with no errors.
How Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. rpm -e <above-list-of-RPMs>
2. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/SRPMS/nmh*.src.rpm
3. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/nmh*spec
4. rpm -Uvh <tree-path>/RedHat/RPMS/<above-list-of-RPMs> (and their
5. rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/nmh*spec
first 3 steps result in a failure WITHOUT a build-requires error from rpm
next 2 steps build the SRPM without fail
Expected Results: I would expect an rpm error message to be written to
stderr informing me the nmh SRPM cannot be built without installing the
above list of RPMs.
Fixed in newest rpm.
Florian La Roche