Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 455508
s-c-lang fails to use yum
Last modified: 2008-07-18 19:07:50 EDT
Description of problem:
Switch lang from English(US) to English(British) and there is an error on the
(system-config-language.py:4858): libglade-WARNING **: could not find glade file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/system-config-language/language_gui.py", line 174, in okClicked
File "/usr/share/system-config-language/language_gui.py", line 236, in apply
install.install_language (self.mainWindow, grpid)
File "/usr/share/system-config-language/gui_install.py", line 385, in
File "/usr/share/system-config-language/gui_install.py", line 121, in checkDeps
pbar = GuiProgress(_("Resolving dependencies for updates"), mainwin)
File "/usr/share/system-config-language/gui_progress.py", line 128, in __init__
self.xml = gtk.glade.XML(gygladefn, domain="pirut")
RuntimeError: could not create GladeXML object
The yumhelpers.glade is supposed to be in s-c-lang rpm (according to yum
whatprovides) but isn't.
this issue is fixed before f-9 release, see
might be some different problem
can you tell me output of the
$rpm -qa|grep system-config-language
built it for F-9 and also for rawhide
it will be nice if you test it once, so i will push it to F-9 as update
Test it and it works (in that there is no error). No packages are installed but
then there are no en_GB specific packages for the setup I have (gnome not kde).
As an aside, the actual problem I thought this was causing was that s-c-l
reported I was set as English(British) and in /etc/sysconfig/i18n it was set to
en_GB.UTF-8 but the locale (and things like OOo) were using US settings.
It turned out that although I had set it to British, I was using Automatic login
to GDE and had never manually logged in. I turned this off, rebooted
(gdm-restart didn't obey new /etc/gdm/custom.conf had to reboot) and selected
British as the login language. After this re-enabled Automatic log in and I now
have British as required.
system-config-language-1.3.1-2.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9
system-config-language-1.3.1-2.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.