Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 458628
rtc wakealarm no longer working
Last modified: 2008-10-29 18:33:16 EDT
Description of problem:
Using /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm to automatically turn on the system at pre-set time no longer works. Wakealarm currently functioning under FC9.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Disable RTC alarm setting under BIOS
* Assumed that we want to wake up the system in 5 minutes.
* Time is set to LOCAL instead of UTC
* Local time is set EST (New York time, UTC + 4hrs)
=> 240 min
2. # initialize wakealarm
echo > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
3. # set to wake up in 5 minutes. (-235 => adjusted for EST -4hrs)
echo `date '+%s' -d '-235 min'` > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
4. # verify the alarm setting
5. /sbin/shutdown -h now
PC does not wake up
should automatically turned on PC in 5 minutes
Has this still been an issue for you in newer kernels eric?
It is working on the latest rawhide build. Thanks.