This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2016-08-01. It is expected to last about 1 hours
Bug 461723 - reposync is non functional
reposync is non functional
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: yum-utils (Show other bugs)
9
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Seth Vidal
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
: 461874 (view as bug list)
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2008-09-10 03:54 EDT by Ralf Corsepius
Modified: 2014-01-21 01:11 EST (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2008-09-10 16:29:59 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Ralf Corsepius 2008-09-10 03:54:51 EDT
Description of problem:
The upgrade to yum-utils-1.1.15 has broken reposync.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
yum-utils.noarch 0:1.1.15-1.fc9

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. reposync -n -r updates-newkey

  
Actual results:
# reposync -n -r updates-newkey
  File "/usr/bin/reposync", line 271
    continue
           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Expected results:
Function.

Additional info:
This bug is new in yum-utils-1.1.15. 
yum-utils-1.1.14 appears to work.
Comment 1 seth vidal 2008-09-10 16:29:59 EDT
it's fixed in yum-utils that should be out in the next couple of days in f8/f9
Comment 2 Ralf Corsepius 2008-09-11 00:10:25 EDT
Bug is still present in yum-utils-1.1.16-1.fc9.noarch.
Comment 3 Ralf Corsepius 2008-09-11 00:17:27 EDT
FWIW: I would have reopened this BZ, now, but this freaking "new bugzilla" doesn't allow me to do so - Pretty hostile against users of this "bugzilla".
Comment 4 seth vidal 2008-09-11 00:35:07 EDT
what I said was correct 1.1.16-1 is the broken one - the next couple of days you'll see another release for f8/f9 - http://koji/koji/buildinfo?buildID=62512

if you want it now.
Comment 5 Ralf Corsepius 2008-09-11 00:47:09 EDT
(In reply to comment #4)
> what I said was correct 1.1.16-1 is the broken one  - the next couple of days
> you'll see another release for f8/f9
And I wanted to reopen this bug, because it currently is not fixed for FC9 and because closing bugs because some "future update might have fixed it" doesn't help anybody.

What if RH's repos go down for another month-long hiatus? Recent history has told me that "closing bugs" without a fixed package actually having been 
pushed, is a defective approach.
Comment 6 seth vidal 2008-09-11 08:22:06 EDT
*** Bug 461874 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 7 Ralf Corsepius 2008-10-07 07:13:18 EDT
4 weeks have passed by and reposync is still broken in FC9.

Package maintainer simply doesn't do his job.
Comment 8 seth vidal 2008-10-07 09:58:29 EDT
1.1.17 is in updates-testing. It fixes this problem. I'm not sure if there's anything keeping this out of updates-released, though.

Tim?
Comment 9 Tim Lauridsen 2008-10-08 04:08:02 EDT
nope, i have request a push to stable.

Ralf, i pushed it for testing 3 week ago and remember i dont get paid to do this, so stop that BS about i am not doing my job, there is no need for that.
Comment 10 Ralf Corsepius 2008-10-08 04:25:18 EDT
(In reply to comment #9)
> Ralf, i pushed it for testing 3 week ago
Correct, you pushed a package which was supposed to fix this bug to testing:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F9/FEDORA-2008-7916

This package has never made it to stable => You closed this bug prematurely, because the bug is still present in FC9.

> and remember i dont get paid to do
> this, 
Neither am I.

> so stop that BS about i am not doing my job, there is no need for that.
Well, I disagree. Fedora lives from mutally sharing benefits from volunteers doing different jobs - What you did (claiming a bug to have been fixed without providing fixed package), doesn't help anybody.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.