Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 464838
Installation process crashes
Last modified: 2008-09-30 16:11:00 EDT
Description of problem:
Starting HD installation method with DVD iso ; anaconda crashes.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start HD installation method ;
2. iso gets mounted (HDD is active for a while) ;
3. anaconda crashes (signal 9).
- iso image SHA1SUM is correct ;
- F10-beta Live boots fine, so hardware is compatible (and running F8 for months) ;
- screendumps in attachment (ran with vga=773 kernel command line parameter, to catch more info on screen).
Created attachment 318110 [details]
screen dump 1
Created attachment 318111 [details]
screen dump 2
Created attachment 318112 [details]
screen dump 3
Retesting with feedback from bug #464836.
Fixed by following recommendations in bug #464836.