Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 467070
Revise external bugzilla references to use database if local bug id and to use 3.X XMLRPC API
Last modified: 2014-10-12 18:45:51 EDT
Description of problem:
Currently the external bugzilla code uses the non-standard RH Bugzilla XMLRPC API
to get bug status and summary from external trackers that are Bugzilla systems. This should be changed to use the 3.X API which is more widespread. We need do the following:
1) Check that the external tracker is a Bugzilla system
2) Check that the external Bugzilla system is 3.0 or later
3) USe Bug.get() to get the status and summary of the bug report.
4) Show any error in the external bug table if not able to see the bug.
Also if the bug id is for the local system such as showing a related bug that is not necessarily a dependency or a duplicate (such as a bug containing additional information), we should use the database directly. Should we instead create a special field for related bugs? Should we use the tagging method instead?
5) Timeout with appropriate error message
6) Perhaps a flag on the Bug.get to say 'norecursion'
These are the culprits causing recursion
121601 -> 158989 # pair
158989 -> 121601
150267 -> 150267 # points to self!
160539 -> 160539 # points to self!
382061 -> 428512 # pair
428512 -> 382061
451399 -> 451896 # pair
451896 -> 451399
1) stop external_bug references to self and use some other mechanism to state relationships between bugs on the same host. This might be preferable since there are RFE's out there for other types of relationships besides blocks/depends-on like clone etc.
2) allow external bug references to self but enforce some rules to stop recusion and silliness like loops and self-pointers
Red Hat Bugzilla is now using version 3.4 of the Bugzilla codebase and
therefore this feature will need to be implemented against the new release.
Updating bug version to 3.2.
Red Hat has now upgraded to Bugzilla 3.6 and this bug will now be reassigned to that version. It would be helpful to the Bugzilla Development Team if this bug is verified to still be an issue with the latest version. If it is no longer an issue, then feel free to close, otherwise please comment that it is still a problem and we will try to address the issue as soon as we can.
Bugzilla Development Team
All Bugzilla based external trackers will be removed as part of bug 817428, so this will be marked as WONTFIX.