Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 467984
kdesdk-utils should not depends on kdelibs etc
Last modified: 2008-10-23 12:41:41 EDT
Description of problem:
Installing kdesdk-utils pulls in a bunch of kde packages which it should not depends on AFAIK.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. yum install kdesdk-utils
2. inspect source for po2xml etc
3. look at koji build log
1. pulls in kdelibs and bunch of other core kde packages
2. does not include any kde include files
3. links explicitly to /usr/lib/kde4/devel/libkdecore.so
1. not to pull in megabytes of kde packages
3. not to link to libkdecore
The debian package does not depend on kde:
This is also affects F9.
Debian strips out a lot of extraneous lib linkage and deps (upstreamed for kde-4.2.0), looks like we may have some surgery to do too.
kdesdk-4.1.2-3.fc9 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 9.
kdesdk-4.1.2-3.fc9 has been pushed to the Fedora 9 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.