Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 468812
gpk-install-local-file says "Failed to install file"
Last modified: 2008-10-28 08:36:59 EDT
Created attachment 321678 [details]
Description of problem:
When I tries to install .rpm file by double-clicking, gpk-install-local-file says "Failed to install file".
First .rpm installation of every F10 installatin.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install F10 beta or snapshot.
2. Log in to GNOME.
3. import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/*
4. Insert F10 installation media.
5. Open /Packages of installation media by Nautilus
6. Double-click .rpm file (for example, kernel-headers-*.rpm).
7. Input root password to dialog.
Error diaglog appears and says "Failed to install file".
See attatched image.
Success to install .rpm.
When I retry to double-click .rpm, installation of .rpm succeeds.
And after re-install F10, error happens again.
I'm using ja_JP.UTF-8 locale. I don't know wheather it happens in other locale or not.
what does "rpm -q PackageKit" say?
> what does "rpm -q PackageKit" say?
$ rpm -q PackageKit
Can you please retry with 0.3.9.
> Can you please retry with 0.3.9.
0.3.9 worked well! Thanks.
Thanks for the quick feedback.