Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 468826
F9 KDE i686-Live-CD. Install to Hard drive: „Cannot format /dev/sda2”
Last modified: 2008-10-31 10:00:16 EDT
1. Put the F9 KDE i686-Live-CD to USB.
2. System starts and works like a charm.
3. Selected „Install to Hard drive”
4. Selected „Remove existing Linux partition, create default” at the "partition step".
5. Msg: „Cannot format /dev/sda2”
6. Installer exits.
Do you need any further information? HW? What I specified in the installer?
It's definitely worth testing with F10 Beta (or a snapshot - don't know if we're doing livecds of these) to make sure it's still a problem, as F9 was quite a while ago and there have been a lot of installer modifications since then.
Yes, F10 Beta LDE Live-CD worked. (At least on my IBM TP T30.) Thanks.
No problem, thanks for the testing.