Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 471167
Paths remain offline on a RHEL 5.3 host with Emulex FC adapters even after reinstating them
Last modified: 2009-06-20 04:06:34 EDT
Description of problem: Paths remain offline on a RHEL 5.3 host with Emulex FC adapters even after reinstating them.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
OS - RHEL5U3 GASnapshot1
kernel - 2.6.18-121.el5
Emulex HBA - LPe11002-M4
Emulex driver version - 22.214.171.124
Emulex firmware version - 2.80A4
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Map a LUN to RHEL5.3 FC host with Emulex HBA.
2. Verify that all the primary paths and secondary paths to LUN are online.
3. Make the primary paths down
4. Restore the primary paths
5. The primary paths still remain offline.
Paths are remaining offline though they are reinstated.
Paths should become online once the paths are reinstated.
Iam attaching the /var/log/messages with Emulex verbose enabled.
Created attachment 323296 [details]
/var/log/messages with Emulex verbose enabled
Attaching the log messages
Naveen - I know there is a newer Emulex driver in kernel-2.6.18-122.el5 which you can download here: http://people.redhat.com/dzickus/el5
* Changed version number to 126.96.36.199.2p
or just wait for the Snapshot 2 ISOs.
Or even better, try a test with 5.3 with the lpfc taken from 5.2. This will help to isolate the cause.
The last driver patch that was submitted on 11/7 for RHEL5.3 inclusion is 188.8.131.52.3p. Please see Bugzilla 470610--"Update lpfc to version 184.108.40.206.3p".
We would like you to verify the issue w/ this latest 220.127.116.11.3p driver.
If this issue is reproducible with the 18.104.22.168.3p driver, could you please provide us the following information:
- How do you bring the path down and up?
- Are scsi devices going to offline state?
- Reproduce this issue with loading the lpfc driver w/ driver parameter lpfc_log_verbose=67 and send us the log file.
I have tried this on latest RHLE5.3 snapshot(snapshot 2) which has lpfc driver version 22.214.171.124.2p. Paths are becoming online once they are reinstated.
So, this issue in not reproducible with newer lpfc driver(126.96.36.199.2p).
Thank you Naveen.
Should we consider then this issue closed as fixed w/ the latest driver rev?
Since this issue is not seen with newer lpfc driver version, it can be closed.