Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 473799
Last modified: 2009-06-03 05:21:03 EDT
Created attachment 325136 [details]
I'm going to need waaaaay more information than that.
That happens one. Everyting what i have this report.file...
Created attachment 327460 [details]
Fedora 10 bug fix update crash
Not sure if this will help. I'm running Fedora 10 and I received a similar crash. I didn't want to enter a separate bug as my crash seems to be very similar or the same as this one. See attached. I don't have any real steps to reproduce. I just clicked the update icon on the services tool bar, and it crashed.
Created attachment 330502 [details]
Near useless bugbuddy report due to ptrace EPERM problem.
I can reproduce this bug reliably on Fedora 9.
How to reproduce:
1. Log into GNOME session
2. Lock screen
3. Wait patiently for a few (2-3?) minutes
4. Move the mouse, and a login prompt will not appear
5. Switch to a VT and log in as root
6. ps axf | grep bug to verify bug-buddy is showing a window for
7. ps axf | grep screensaver
8. kill (pid of gnome's screensaver)
9. VT switch back to Gnome desktop
10. Cancel the auth prompt window for refreshing package lists
11. Click on button for bug buddy to save report.
Original bug buddy reports had a large amount of hexadecimal spew on threads
and states. After upgrading to gnome-packagekit-debuginfo bug-buddy report is
close to nothing due to a ptrace gripe (see my attached useless bug buddy report).
Please advise on further data collection steps. Having the screensaver lock
out my GUI because gpk-update-icon has caused a focus grab for auth purposes is
can you try running gpk-update-icon --verbose on the command line then, Thanks.