Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 474750
hvm guest hang in EFI when reboot after installation completed
Last modified: 2008-12-23 12:28:47 EST
Description of problem:
hvm guest hang in EFI when reboot after installation completed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The packages version of Host(RHEL5.2-Server-released) is below:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHEL5.2-Server-released on ia64 with virtualization enabled.
2. install package xen-ia64-guest-firmware if not installed (contains
3. create a virtual guest using full firtualization(hvm) with the RHEL3.9-Server-released RHELtree. I used the boot.iso file.
4. You are placed in EFI shell after installation of hvm is completed.
5. type fs0: and the ls with error. please get details from attachment.
6. The only way to bootup hvm is type "map -r" in EFI shell then boot the hvm manually though EFI.
ls/dir: Cannot open current directory - No mapping.
List of boot menu and boot hvm aotomatically.
The only way to bootup hvm is type "map -r" in EFI shell and then boot the hvm manually though command "elilo" in EFI.
Created attachment 325803 [details]
Screen shot when hang in EFI
Created attachment 325806 [details]
ScreenShot with ls command output