Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 476702
Successful downloads marked as unsuccessful in Rhythmbox
Last modified: 2009-04-29 16:06:59 EDT
Description of problem:
When the download of an episode of a podcast finishes, I can see in the podcast list that the download was unsuccessful. However, if I double-click it the playback begins, that means I have the episode in my computer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
I have the Italian version of Rhythmbox, the menu items I wrote about could be different from the actual ones.
1. Go to "www.traxsource.com"
2. Click on the "Free podcast" link in the right column
3. Right-click on "iTunes subscribe" and select "Copy Link"
4. In Rhythmbox, select "Music/Subscribe Podcast feed..."
5. Paste the link and click "OK"
6. Right-click on the Podcast item and update the feed
7. Note that the download begins but when it finishes "Unsuccessful" is written in the progress bar.
There is written "Unsuccessful", but I have the file in my computer, also I can open it through Rhythmbox!
Rhythmbox should say I have the episode in my computer.
Which exact version of Rhythmbox? Did you try the latest updates-testing version?
I'm going to try the test updates version, mine is 0.11.6 . This isn't a new problem for me, I had it since I switched to Linux, then in all old versions of Rhythmbox.
Please don't remove the needinfo status unless you're providing all the
If the problem still appears with the latest updates-testing version, please let me know where you try to download the Podcasts (eg. is it on a separate partition, a FAT or NTFS drive for example), and gather the output of "rhythmbox -d" when reproducing the problem.
The downloads are in the default path, that is my music folder:
I'm just uploading the output of "rhythmbox -d"...
I'm using this version of Rhythmbox now:
rpm -q rhythmbox
but the problem is still there!
Created attachment 327386 [details]
Rhythmbox debug: download of an episode
This is what I've done:
- I've opened Rhythmbox;
- I've seen the lists of the 3 podcasts I'm subscribed to;
- I've downloaded an episode I didn't have;
- I've selected another episode of that podcast (the reason is... it's a long story!);
- I've closed Rhythmbox.
Moreover, it isn't a new problem, I had it since I tried FC8.
The filesystem where Rhythmbox saves the files is an ext3.
I think this is due to the file having a video track. That's already been fixed upstream, will try and find the upstream report.
I knew why I remembered this bug, I filed it:
Ok, thank you!