Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 477747
The error prompt is incorrect when import a subscribe which is already exist
Last modified: 2009-01-12 10:07:47 EST
Description of problem:
The error prompt is incorrect when import a subscribe which is already exist.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch thunderbird.
2. Click Edit->Account Setting-> Add Account.
3. Select RSS New & Blogs.
4. Follow the pop-up information to finish it.
5. Right-click on New & Blogs to select "Subscribe".
6. Click "Add" to add a new subscribe, such as "http://rss.dw-world.de/rdf/rss-chi-all".
7. Click "Export" to export this subscribe and save at local machine.
8. Click "Import" to import the subscribe saved on locale machine.
A window pop-up with the error message "" Either MyThunderbirdFeeds.opml is not a valid OPML file or there was an error importing the file.
The error message should be "You already have a subscribe for this feed".
When I delete the subscribe and export it again, it was exported successfully, so the importing file is correct.
Yup, I could easily reproduce with thunderbird-188.8.131.52-1.fc10.i386
We filed this bug in the upstream database (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=473163) and believe that it is more appropriate to let it be resolved upstream.
Red Hat will continue to track the issue in the centralized upstream bug tracker, and will review any bug fixes that become available for consideration in future updates.
Thank you for the bug report.