Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 482771
Removing a package from a custom errata does not remove the package entries from errata
Last modified: 2009-09-10 16:32:15 EDT
1. Publish a custom errata to a channel with at least one package
2. Go to the errata details page -> Packages: https://test02-vmx.rhndev.redhat.com/rhn/errata/details/Packages.do?eid=18834
3. Manage the erratum and remove a package: https://test02-vmx.rhndev.redhat.com/rhn/errata/manage/ListPackages.do?eid=18834
4. Observe that the removed package is still listed.
It should remove these entries
Justin - do you have to do some sort of re-publish of Errata?
Thinking of how in hosted what we do when an Errata has to change its details such as packages and been shown live?
There isn't a way to 'republish' that I know of (short of removing the errata from a channel and then adding it back).
tree 9ad656a3647f5cb37edb95ea8718ae6dc9d45232 tree | snapshot
parent 7f9e8959afe49a183ed08a3be8441c9de8bebcd6 commit | diff
followed steps in description
Verified again on Satellite-5.3.0-RHEL5-re20090820.1
1. created errata TEST with one package, look at package list in Errata
Manage Errata > Test > Package > Remove testAutoFile-2-1.0:0-i386
3. Errata > Test > Look at package list
Switching to RELEASE_PENDING
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.