Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 483538
Browsing history is not clear after days that set in preference
Last modified: 2012-08-06 10:08:37 EDT
Description of problem:
History is not clear after $ days that set in Edit->Preference->Privacy->History
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
firefox-3.0.6-1.el5 - i386
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click Tools->Clear Private data to clear browsing history.
2. Click Edit->Preference->Privacy.
3. Check "Keep my history for at least $ days" and set day number to 1.
4. Access several websites and press Ctrl + H to check the browsing history.
5. Close history sidebar.
6. Change date to two days later, such as change Feb 2 to Feb 4.
7. Press Ctrl + H to check the browsing history.
The websites accessed one day ago are still stored in history sidebar.
The websites accessed one day ago are clear.
Yes, could fully reproduce with the latest Firefox in RHEL. I set the length of history to 1 day and yet after restart couple of weeks old pages were seen in the history.
The history settings has been reworked in the 10.x line and history is cleared properly now.