Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 490261
Anaconda text mode fails with exeption
Last modified: 2009-03-16 16:07:47 EDT
Created attachment 335193 [details]
Exception screen 1
Description of problem:
Anaconda fails to install the fedora system in text mode.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Everytime. I reproduced it with a Fedora 10
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Fedora in text mode. I use a system with two harddisks and two network cards.
2. After giving a root password in the root password screen installation stops with an exeption. Example is in the screenshot "Screen1" which I attached.
3. If I choose the "Save" option in the exeptions screen, the system failes with the screen autput as in "Screen2".
Unable to install the system.
I expect anaconda to install the system.
- I am able to install in graphic mode.
- After the installation has failed and I reboot, the harddisks have not been modified by the installation process.
- A kickstart installation fails with the same output on the screen as in "Screen2".
Created attachment 335194 [details]
Last error screen
This should be fixed in anaconda-126.96.36.199.
Tried anaconda-188.8.131.52 today. In textmode I do not see the exeption error anymore, but in the partitioning screen there are no harddisk to be selected although in tty2 fdisk -l shows the harddisks. After that anaconda complains not to be able to make a root filesystem.
A kickstart installation fails with the above mentioned exception.
We don't like to conflate different bug reports, so could you please open a new bug with the problems you are now experiencing? Thanks.