Bug 490819 - satellite-sync from webqa ended with FatalParseException
satellite-sync from webqa ended with FatalParseException
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Red Hat Satellite 5
Classification: Red Hat
Component: Satellite Synchronization (Show other bugs)
530
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Pradeep Kilambi
Jan Hutař
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2009-03-18 03:28 EDT by Jan Hutař
Modified: 2009-03-18 23:03 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2009-03-18 14:17:06 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
RHN TRACEBACK (145.53 KB, text/plain)
2009-03-18 03:28 EDT, Jan Hutař
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Jan Hutař 2009-03-18 03:28:16 EDT
Created attachment 335663 [details]
RHN TRACEBACK

Description of problem:
I have tried to sync all 6 basic RHEL-4-AS channels from webqa using /var/satellite mounted from dump-new.rhndev.redhat.com:/vol/rhndevqaV2 and after about 1 day of syncing I got traceback.

I do not know what the traceback mean, so reporting to get some feedback - maybe it is some NOTABUG.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Satellite-5.3.0-RHEL5-re20090313.0/x86_64


How reproducible:
1 of 1 attempt


Steps to Reproduce:
1. # satellite-sync -c rhel-ppc-as-4 -c rhel-s390-as-4 -c rhel-s390x-as-4 -c rhel-x86_64-as-4 -c rhel-ia64-as-4 -c rhel-i386-as-4


Actual results:
[...]
09:22:01 Downloading package metadata
09:22:05    Retrieving / parsing *relevant* package metadata: rhel-s390x-as-4 (6035)
09:22:05    * WARNING: this may be a slow process.
            ________________________________________
Downloading:######################Exception reported from pogo-cn1100-01.rhts.bos.redhat.com
Time: Tue Mar 17 13:07:10 2009
Exception type satellite_tools.xmlSource.FatalParseException

Exception Handler Information
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/xmlSource.py", line 132, in process
    self.__parser.parse(self.__stream)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py", line 109, in parse
    xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/xmlreader.py", line 123, in parse
    self.feed(buffer)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/_xmlplus/sax/expatreader.py", line 220, in feed
    self._err_handler.fatalError(exc)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/satellite_tools/xmlSource.py", line 242, in fatalError
    raise FatalParseException(e._msg, e, e._locator)
FatalParseException: :12213:483: not well-formed (invalid token)


Expected results:
sync works fine
Comment 1 Pradeep Kilambi 2009-03-18 14:17:06 EDT
This looks like a corrupted cache on webqa or the xml was half downloaded and connection was reset. Please clear you cache on the satellite and retry sync from webqa. If the problem persists reopen this and assign it to hosted  to have the cache cleared.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.