Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 491832
The function of 'Show the specified buddy/Group when offline' does not work well.
Last modified: 2009-03-25 00:59:01 EDT
Description of problem:
When use 'Show the specified buddy/Group when offline', the function will not work well if you do these more than three times.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
How reproducible: everytime
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch Pidgin and log in an account.
2. Uncheck "Buddies | Show | Offline Buddies"
3. Right-click on a buddy/Group in the buddy list
4. Select "Show when offline" from the context menu
5. Right-click on a buddy/Group in the buddy list
6. Select "Hide when offline" from the context menu
7. Repeat steps 3－6 more than three times
After the step 4, the only specified buddy/group is listed in Buddy List besides online buddies.
After the step 6, the specified buddy/group will also disappear from Buddy List if it is offline.
If you do steps 3-6 more than three times, the functions of "Show when offline" and "Hide when offline" will not work.
Still reproduce in pidgin-18.104.22.168.el5.i386
The bug can not be reproduced now, I will close it till I find it again.