Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 492411
TPS: agent is failing to show/list certificates when baseDN is changed.
Last modified: 2015-01-04 18:37:36 EST
Created attachment 336863 [details]
tps agent listing token for the User
Description of problem:
TPS agent is failing to show/list certificates when baseDN is changed. Enrolled few user tokens with tps's CS.cfg for the regular user authentication baseDN=dc=esctest,dc=redhat,dc=com. Changed the baseDN to 'dc=my.test,dc=redhat,dc=com' and enrolled a user token, agent lists token enrolled for the user., clicking on show certificate is not showing the certificates. Also, agent function to list certificates is not showing this user certs.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configured TPS CS.cfg for the regular user authentication baseDN=dc=esctest,dc=redhat,dc=com.
2. performed security officer station functions such as enrollments/formats etc. I had enrolled/formatted token#1 few times., now it is formatted.
3. change CS.cfg for the regular user authentication with baseDN=dc=my.test,dc=redhat,dc=com
4. restart tps server.
5. have a user User#1 in the ldap db with baseDN=dc=my.test,dc=redhat,dc=com.
6. from the security officer station enroll token#1 for User#1.
7. enrollment succeeds.
8. tps agent lists the token#1 associated to User#1 with an active status.
9. tps agent list the token and click on the token number, shows the token details.
10. click on Show Certificates
Search Certificates result is blank.
Should show all the signing/encryption certs for token#1.
Created attachment 336864 [details]
Created attachment 336865 [details]
Show Certificates displaying blank page
Created attachment 336866 [details]
TPS debug log messages when show certificates is clicked.
My guess is that this is a problem with having a basedn with a period in it.
There is another bug related to this ..
Please change to a simple basedn (like mytest instead of my.test) and confirm.
Unable to reproduce. And Asha was unable to reproduce either as far as I can tell.
The problem was likely some other issue, but its unclear what that issue would have been. In future, please include "view page source" of the blank pages. If there is something there - we can identify the bad data.
I am not able to reproduce this big. Hence closing it.