Discovered per chance by firstname.lastname@example.org and verified
You can bring any linux box to its knees with limited
telnet access very easily using a few simple keystrokes.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to your linux box
2. Press ESC then any number (try 3)
3. Hold down any number (try 3) until the arg stops at
some high number
4. Press any letter (try d)
5. The box be almost dead (if not repeat until it does)
1. This has been tested on both Hedwig i386 and Alpha
with similar results.
2. Possible factor affecting it is the swap.
ulimit settings should curb this...