Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 505501
[kcontrol]The function of show side image can not work well.
Last modified: 2014-06-02 09:08:08 EDT
Description of problem:
If check "Show side image" in "kcontrol -> panels -> Menu", the imagecan not be shown in the K Menu.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Launch KDE Control Center by typing 'kcontrol' on Kconsole
2. Click the 'Desktop' on the Sidebar.
3. Click the 'Panel' from the expand context menu, then select "Menus" tab
4. Check the box of " Show side image" , then click 'Apply' button
5. Uncheck the box of "Show side image", then click "Apply" button.
6. Repeat the step 4 and 5 for more than 5 times, then finally check "Show side image", then click "Apply" button, click "K Menu".
After the step 6, the image will not appear down the left-hand side of the K Menu.
After the step 6, the image will appear down the left-hand side of the K Menu.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated in the
current release, Red Hat is unfortunately unable to address this
request at this time. Red Hat invites you to ask your support
representative to propose this request, if appropriate and relevant,
in the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This bug/component is not included in scope for RHEL-5.11.0 which is the last RHEL5 minor release. This Bugzilla will soon be CLOSED as WONTFIX (at the end of RHEL5.11 development phase (Apr 22, 2014)). Please contact your account manager or support representative in case you need to escalate this bug.
Thank you for submitting this request for inclusion in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. We've carefully evaluated the request, but are unable to include it in RHEL5 stream. If the issue is critical for your business, please provide additional business justification through the appropriate support channels (https://access.redhat.com/site/support).