Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 507097
Memory, Virtual CPU, and Disk Image size options for virtual guests not applied when virtual guest provisioned
Last modified: 2009-09-10 15:26:30 EDT
Description of problem:
If a user opts to change the default Memory, Virtual CPU, and Disk Image size options in Advanced Configuration upon kickstarting a virtual guest, these settings will not be transmitted to Koan appropriately, resulting in a default guest being provisioned in spite of these non-default settings.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
530, 6/12 build
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Register a Virtualized Host to a Satellite
2. Access the SDC for this system
4. Set a name for the new guest
5. Click 'Advanced Configuration'
6. Set the default memory, virtual CPU, and disk image settings to non-defaults
7. Run rhn_check on the virt host
8. Examine the configuration files produced in /etc/xen and the size of the produced disk image in /var/lib/xen
Config file and disk image size reflect defaults
Config file and disk image size reflect non-defaults
Moving to ON_QA
Ran the scenario described in the description and verified that the guest was provisioned with correct values for memory, cpu and disk.
Moving to VERIFIED.
Moving to RELEASE_PENDING.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.