Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 507631
Review Request: rubygem-rubyzip - Ruby module for reading and writing zip files
Last modified: 2009-08-24 11:45:03 EDT
Spec URL: http://stahnma.fedorapeople.org/reviews/rubygem-rubyzip.spec
SRPM URL: http://stahnma.fedorapeople.org/reviews/rubygem-rubyzip-0.9.1-1.fc10.src.rpm
rubyzip is a ruby module for reading and writing zip files
I will take this one. Instead I will appreciate it if you
would review either of my review requests (bug 506168 or bug 507649,
both are rubygem related)
Some notes for 0.9.1-1:
* %define -> %global
- Now Fedora suggests to use %global instead of %define.
- When it is written as "is distributed under the same license as ruby",
the license tag should be "GPLv2 or Ruby".
* ruby(abi) Requires
- All ruby related packages must have "Requires: ruby(abi) = 1.8".
And for consistency I always recommend to also add
"BuildRequires: ruby(abi) = 1.8".
- As this gem file contains test/ directory, please add %check
stage and execute some tests.
( And for this case, I guess expanding gem file under %_builddir
at %prep is preferred, ref:
- As you already defined %geminstdir, please use it also on %files
- %defattr must be set before writing %doc entry.
- The directory %geminstdir itself is not owned by this package.
hi. I started re-working the spec file to include your recommendations. %check will be the hardest part. I will finish tomorrow (US).
I will close this bug as NOTABUG if no response from the reporter
is received within ONE WEEK.
If someone want to import this package into Fedora, please
file a new review request and mark this bug as a duplicate
of the new one.