Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 507716
FV systems do not get resubscribed when more entitlements are available
Last modified: 2011-04-08 15:47:02 EDT
Description of problem:
FV systems do not get resubscribed when more entitlements are available. Best explanation is to imagine this scenario:
1. We have several physical servers subscribed and consuming physical entitlements.
2. Something changes, org gets repolled, number of physical entitlements goes down below the number of servers we have subscribed, some get unsubscribed.
3. Same thing except this time the number of physical entitlements goes up, servers get re-subscribed.
Well that should happen to FV systems too, but they do not get re-subscribed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. start with say 7 FVEs and 6 FV systems subscribed
2. change number of FVEs in rhnservicechannelfamilymap to 4, repoll
3. confirm 2 FV servers were unsubscribed
4. change number of FVEs in rhnservicechannelfamilymap to 8, repoll
number of available entitlements increases, nothing else happens
number of available entitlements increases, those 2 servers are re-subscribed (leaving 6 FV systems and 2 free FVEs)
Fixed and Verified on webdev
Addressed in 521