Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 509121
Review Request: python-kaa-display - Python API providing Low level support for various displays
Last modified: 2009-07-15 08:11:19 EDT
Spec URL: http://kwizart.fedorapeople.org/SPECS/python-kaa-display.spec
SRPM URL: http://kwizart.fedorapeople.org/SRPMS/python-kaa-display-0.1.0-1.fc11.src.rpm
Description: Python API providing Low level support for various displays
rpmlint is clean on installed file!
Patch0 is a backport of what is currently in upstream svn
Patch1 is a hack that seems needed when no X11 server is active on the buildhost.
Indeed, this is a simple package which build fine and elicits no complaints from rpmlint.
I checked the tests; none of them seem to be runnable. It might be nice to add a comment about that.
* source files match upstream. sha256sum:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
python-kaa-display = 0.1.0-1.fc12
python-kaa-display(x86-64) = 0.1.0-1.fc12
python(abi) = 2.6
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
The package review process needs reviewers! If you haven't done any package
reviews recently, please consider doing one.
Thx for the review. About usability test: this package is part of the python-kaa framework which is made for the freevo multimedia center. As freevo will requires at least xine-ui for multimedia playback I will work on freevo for fedora ASAP.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: python-kaa-display
Short Description: Python API providing Low level support for various displays
Branches: devel F-11 F-10 EL-5