From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.76 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.2-2 i686)
Description of problem:
GnoRPM and rpm crashe with a segmentation fault, consistently, after using
- installing StarOffice-5.2_34_569a20-2-2.i386 (accidentally)
- uninstalling it
- installing StarOffice-5.2_01_569a19-2.i386
- installing IBMJava2-JRE-1.3-7.0.i386
In addition, some applets installed on the panel no longer launch the
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
(haven't been able to restore rpm in order to reproduce it)
1. use GnoRPM to install StarOffice spanish edition; say "oops"
2. use ditto do uninstall ditto
3. use ditto to install the English version of ditto; English version, when
it configures itself with first use complains that there's no java runtime
4. use GnoRPM to install IBMJava2-JRE
5. try to use GnoRPM for anything -> segmentation fault
6. run rpm --rebuilddb
7. try to use either GnoRPM or rpm -> segmentation fault
8. try to launch Applix component from launcher on the panel; nothing
9+. Most commands to rpm segfault (see below)
Actual Results: Well, I can't; rpm hasn't been reinstalled
rpm -qa segfaults after rpm --rebuilddb:
(long list that ends as follows):
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
What version of rpm?
What version of gnorpm?
RPM version 4.0.2
I believe this problem is fixed if you upgrade to
rpm-4.0.4 from Red Hat 7.3. Please reopen if I'm wrong.
(Assuming you still have the problem).